Re: Black Dice

01 year ago they played here in Oakland at the Strork
Club and blew the roof off with thier incredible
infinitely deep texture which lasted about an hour

this time they were sort of songlike (but not
definitively)

wow, i'd like to see their new show. i saw them about 2 years ago at CMJ in New
Yord and it was pure improv noise. I saw them on tour about four years ago in
Texas, and at that time were screamo-style hardcore. Both times I remember band
and audience members being injured, with drum set also breaking both times; the
first due to the lead singer kicking the ride cymbal and sending it into the
plate glass window behind the drummer. after the same show, the guitarist had
an icepack on his elbow from previous and continuing damage. while i think
there's not too much aural point to so much dramatics (when as much or more
noise can be created with a few mouse clicks), it is definitely more visually
appealing.

I don't recommend the records, which sound sort of
different but live is an experinece

I just got Beaches and Canyons, thought it wasn't bad, but seemed a little bit
more like rock guys playing with electronic toys than really experienced
electronic producers.

they are form minnasota by way of Brooklyn I think

nope, they originated from the Providence, RI scene of Lightning Bolt, Six
Finger Satellite, Landed, and similar bands. I last read in Vice magazine a few
months ago that they were based in Williamsburg, Brooklyn.