the future of music (was future of microsound and other words)

if anyone was curious about this, it's all here in
it's (fairly depressing) glory:

http://www.zsearch.org/texts.html

espiecially the Robert Ashley piece depresses me
he's one of my favorite composers and has been for a
very long time.  I feel like this talk (these are
transcripts of talks) is in many ways right on with
some thoughts I've had recently but his perspective is
so much more pessimistic (age, maybe?)

and this from a guy with a great sense of humor.

ahh, we're doomed, and it makes for interesting
reading.

jorge

p.s. I've been on this list for almost a year I think,
and probably only posted like 5 things total and then
for some reason three in three days.  Strange
desparate behavior in the face of the future.

tomorrow I hope to feel less melodramatic