Re: [microsound] [OT]Aspen magazine

This makes my previous post even more amusing: I came across the voice
pieces (which really "made" the "webmix" I was working on) at ubu.com
only because Dave posted the link without the "l" in ".html" (microsoft
pushes the ".htm" file identifier) and so I was given a gentle "404 page
not found" which offered me a link to the front page of ubu.com. That's
where I found the link to the italian mouth noise mp3s, and I wouldn't
have found it had he just typed that "l" in his link. That's just
positively cosmic.

And actually, what makes this even more bizarre is that I've ascertained
that Quicktime *has* hijacked my mime types and automatically opens a
new window with a quicktime play bar any time I click on a link to an
mp3 file. But it gets weirder: I had not told quicktime to associate
itself with anything other than .mov files (cuz I've had problems with
it hijacking flash files) so it shouldn't have even known that I'd
clicked on an mp3 link and it's still doing its hi-jacking even though
I've turned off all of it's associations (I've done everything short of
uninstall it... and that's next). The final nuance of this oddity is
that I installed quicktime a while ago and just today it decided that it
knows best what to do with the mp3 files I click on... just in time for
my impromptu webmixing session.

Okay maybe I'm easily amused, but it just seems like an unlikely
sequence of events.