Re: [microsound] laptop\ableton live Q (OT)

On Thu, 21 Nov 2002, "moog" wrote:

> hi we are hoping 2 make our first live set ever next
> month when Ulirch schnauss will play live set in tel
> aviv.
> we hope 2 use 2 laptops running ableton.
> do u have any good pointers about the setup?
> maybe other software or something??
> kind regards
> yair.

if you're really worried about synching them, you can
MIDI-up the two laptops, but to be honest, you don't
need to really go to that trouble.  two weekends ago, i
did a show here in halifax and the three of us jammed
for about an hour at soundcheck--all 3 of us on a
separate laptop running ableton live, none of it
MIDI-ed. we just all ran at the same tempo and things
were fine. hope this helps. andrew

albums out now: Sprung (http://bip-hop.com)
More Destructive Than Organized
(http://staalplaat.com)
Highest Common Denominator (http://pieheadrecords.com)
Physical and Mental Health (http://dialrecords.com)
74'02 (split with Hypo) (http://tsunami-addiction.com)
check Cognition (http://techno.ca/cognition)
for upcoming appearance and release updates