Re: [microsound] On the benefits/disadvantages of CDR as a medium for distributi

Cdr label's are of extreme importance to underground music. Labels such as
ferric or aesove provide a valuable outlet for music that would most likely
be overlooked. Also in today's sad economic world not all of us can afford a
proper release. The comment made about looking to the Wire for finding
quality releases is also rather lame, considering many cdr's by cdr labels
have been reviewed in that magazine.

And oh, wait a minute, lets see, so following the logic of mp3 being a waste
of time... that would mean the entire 3" cd series released by fallt, that
originally appeared as mp3's on the fallt site, are all worthless.

We must not allow for narrow-minded blanket post's to affect that way we
fell about microsound. That person who made the statement about mp3's and
cdr's really has little to no understanding of what they are talking about.
Sounds to me like a well trained consumer, perfect for the aisles of tower
records.

best
-scott