time well spent

>---- On Sat, 23 Nov 2002, fatih kizilgok (fkizilgok@xxxxxxxxxxx) wrote:

>special note for Twine: I remember you wrote something on somewhere on >the
>internet saying you could spit out a merzbow track in half an >hour.  I
>could easily say the same thing about your music actually.

Heelo All,

I couldn't help but find the time to respond to this thread after thinking
that perhaps Merzbow occasionally writes a fair portion of his material
extremely quickly. I mean after looking at his discography I would say that
the man is shitting mona lisa's out of his arse at quite a rapid rate. I
have friend who is known to have written 5 hours of material over a long
isolated weekend, most of which turn out to be quality tracks worthy of a
release. I myself write music and find that the majority of my best material
comes from a short quick burst of emotional and spontaneous creativity. I
guess the point of this thread is to determine whether the time spent
producing a track has any relevance to the quality of material that is
eventually recorded on to cd for all to hear. I think not!

best
dave