Re: [microsound] re: mp3 and CD-r labels

I also agree that there is a much higher saturation
level in the mainstream music than in the electronic
realm, for most mainstream music is a constant generic
repetition of regurgitated saturation.

Its the underground and the cutting edge artists who,
with their talents, creativeness, and innovative music
production methods can create meaningful shifts in
music artistry.

Strange Thought :
If in a world where cutting edge underground music was
ever to become mainstream, how would the underground
music of that world sound like ?.

Line Noise
LacedMilk.Com

On Mon, 25 Nov 2002, vadim sprikut wrote:

> I think a lot of the lack of support for cd-r labels
> is simply how saturated the computer music
> field is. Distributors won't carry "real" releases
> because there are more discs out there than
> people who are interested.
>
> >>i would say thats true for any genre of music. go to
> a mainstream record store and see how many albums are
> festering in the cutout bins. the big labels are even
> worse at creating an overabundance of product that
will
> never see its destination because people are already
> oversatured with it. not to say that it doesnt happen
> with electronic music.
>
> >>but to me cdr labels seem like a much more effective
> way to communicate between people who are interested
in