Re: [microsound] cultural uses / Undirected sound

> From: "dennis mcnulty"

> ...  you could create a
> constantly evolving sonic texture. ...

> ... The world is full of constant audio streams which
> could be manipulated in realtime using various strategies
> to provide an evolving soundworld (not necessarily always
> 'good'  but hopefully always interesting).

    nice dennis .. I think it would be a great way to watch TV ..

      //

    I was thinking of this type of technique in office environments
    where you have computer noises, air-conditioning, people
    talking, photocopiers .. etc . etc

    you live'loop this sound back at itself with a mixture of phase
    reversals / filters to create a quieter environment .   containing
    all the original sounds ..

    self muting / self mixing / remixing  sound environments

    obviously you could reverse the process .         . and increase
    the amount or 'style of environmental noise . you could take a
    live feed from you local swimming pool . anything

    I am always looking for practical uses for music and sound .

    many of the concepts/ideas/music I read about on this list
    are heavily abstracted from popular living . yet use sounds
    and inspiration from our modern world .

    alot of the 'music talked about on this list will never be on a
    popular radio station . you don't eat soup with chop sticks .

    but I think of a future where the concepts shared here have
    much broader uses than performance or audio indulgence ..

    creating sound 'foundations for environments onto which the
    naturally occurring sounds can be best regarded/disregarded

      //

     I could be wrong . but there is a lot of technical trickery
     developed . around these parts . and a audio understanding
     that is outside the convention . . these elements and all the
     related trappings will have a future exponential to today ..

     .simon

                    .
                    .
            http://www.obscure.co.nz