faux pas

Dear microsounding studs and kitties,

  Sometime ago I put up a web presentation from from interviews with phil
thomson discussing compositional  methods , techniques etc. . There were
some deconstructed texts using online language translation and soundfile
examples. There was an mp3 I posted named' Daddy's Choise' that I was quite
certain was a composition made from a drum program file processed through
marcohack and mutated with an 'absynth' patch.The title happened when some
files were renamed by 'Arge=EFphontes Recalcitrance' ( a mac application you
can probably find at  http:www.akirarabelais.com).

  I listed to 'Daddy's Choise'  again just recently and it sounds an awful
lot like Taylor Deupree's 'Moorea' from the 'Digital Degradation Series'; i=
fact- I'm pretty sure that it is the first part of that soundfile at a lowe=
bitrate.It isn't by billjarboe and it isn't a 2step(I typed those words int=
the info. boxes).

   I REALLY don't want to make a career  of copying other people's work and
then lowering the bitrate and calling it my own.. . . if you  have this fil=
on your hard drive please give the composer credit or better yet listen to
'Moorea' in its entirety at the proper kbps.  I'm still trying to find the
file I thought it was. . .

   Maybe I'll have to purchase 'stil' from 12k as a sort of penance ,
self-flagellation etc. with my hard earned money.

  On a brighter note: I recorded a soundfile at the PANAMA hotel
("http:///www.panamahotelseattle.com";) during a storm , did some noise
reductions , time expansions and editing and I really like the results.It's
4.5mb. at 128kbps and I've posted it in time for the holidays.

 You may find it here: "http://www.klatch.co.uk/billjarboe/mp3s/tshu.mp3";

                              (Bill)

                  =20

 =20