Re: [microsound] movie advice

--0-720639000-1039025643=:7823

Seconds on the Begotten recommends. Not just for sound. Starts out a little hard to stomach, but the visuals otherwise are stunning right to the very end.
 "j.frede" <jfrede@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:a movie with an amazing soundtrack is "Begotten" which is a feature length
experimental film that also has unbelievable cinematography, a more
mainstream movie that's sounddesign blew me away was U571, this picture got
a Grammy for its sounddesign.

Robin Rimbaud is running a new label named 'Belle' that is releasing
"vintage" audio recordings that would never get released other wise, i think
he said that hes is releasing some old soundtrack work as well so watch for
that label.

j.frede
current location:los angeles
http://ritualdocument.com/jfrede
po.box 292045 los angeles, ca 90029

> >and, on a totally different side, " scent of green papaya " by
> Truang Nath Hahn ( hope i got it right ) <
>
> Usually transcribed as Tran Anh Hung. If I'm remembering the right films
> (been a while since I've seen them), I was very impressed with the
> music/sound in Francesco Rosi's The Mattei Affair (1972) and Frantisek
> Vlacil's Valley of the Bees (1967). Minimal electronics building a
fantastic
> tension without distracting from image. Hard to find unfortunately.
> best,
> Ian

Lance Grabmiller
www.praemedia.com