Re: [microsound] CDRs vs. CDs with sugar on top

Okay, will someone please explain to me how the series of numbers
representing my music on a cdr yields any lower quality sound than the
series of numbers on a factory cd? I mean, yeah, mastering can really
sweeten the sound (though, I find it hard to believe that there are many
-- if any -- mastering engineers out there that would have a clue what
to do with microsound or idm). But that's just processing the source
file... it's got nothing to do with how the divits are put on the disc.
I mean, are we saying that cd-burners screw up the numbers? Cuz, I don't
think that's the case: the numbers in the source file remain the same as
long as you stick with straight PCM data. The DA converter could also
mess things up, but that's still not the CD-R's fault. And besides, I
defy anyone to do a blind test and pick the CD-R out... c'mon give it a
try (of course, you've got a fifty-fifty chance... maybe do it a few
times... and get an impartial party to help so you don't cheat).