Re: [microsound] prerecorded/blindfolded

>From: "j.frede" <jfrede@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
>Bernhard Gunter does just this, except he is VERY particular about the
>quality of the soundsystem and meticulous about how he sets the EQ, and his
>performance here in LA was amazing, it was completely different than
>listening to his work at home. for years i was opposed to the idea of
>playing prerecorded music but it seems now i dont have issues with it,

That's funny, I had a similar feeling at that show.  I was enjoying it and
then noticed "oh, he's back there changing CDs" but it still transcended a
mere CD listening.  The great environment though certainly helped.  If I had
to go through the hassle of going to say the Knitting Factory, paying $6 for
parking and $20 for the show, then watching someone play CDs in their
cramped little second room I think I'd be a little more grumpy about it.

>you may or maynot be fimiliar with Francisco Lopez's live shows where he
>does just this, everyone sits facing away from him, with his gear in the
>middle of the room, and a black curtian surrounding him, and everyone is
>blindfolded, when i saw him he use performing through a huge quad PA and it
>was one of the most amazing performances i have ever seen?? ,,,errr,,
>experienced.

Hmm, at what point does this Anti-Spectacle cross back over into Spectacle?
It's kind of like being so punk rock anti-fashion that you become incredibly
fashion conscious.