Re: wave terrain synthesis (getting slightly OT..)

i think my question is basically a maths one.....

z = (x - y) * (x - 1) * (x + 1) * (y - 1) * (y + 1)

so each part of this defines movent on a quadrant of the xy axis?

hence tracing a circular motion as x & y oscillate between -1 & 1?

is it as simple as that?

in which case, how does one "offset" the motion of z upon the plane?

or to put  it another way, what variables can be introduced into the
equasion?

& what is the most simple equasion to generate circular motion.

is it z = (x - 1) * (x + 1) * (y - 1) * (y + 1)?

im happy to take this off list if anyone can help give me a quick 30 second
maths tute.

(as i will get the reply quicker too - im only on the digest...)

thanks.