lack of archival information

--MS_Mac_OE_3122962664_542946_MIME_Part

> for me, performance is about seeing someone move to make music.  it adds
> something to the music.  otherwise the 'performer' should admit that
> they are not a performer and maybe bring a cd to play.
>
> laptop performance is a problem, in that the relationship between the
> performer and the music is lost in a blank stare into tft.  the answer
> i've found is to project my desktop so people can see the movements i'm
> making to make the music.  works for me.
>
> lets not follow the traditions set by laptop 'performers' replaying
> predetermined loops.
the statement above calls to the foreground certain glaring inadequacies in
the flow of information via email lists...since most of the
discussions/threads happen in 'real-time' (and the microsound list doesn't
have an archive) there is no way for someone coming in after a topic has
been exhausted and put to rest from unknowingly starting the thread again
from ground zero...this is why FAQ's are created (and newbies flamed
;)...but I'm not sure that a FAQ would work for this sort of list...not sure
how to keep the same basic observations from occurring over and over but if
anyone has suggestions it would be good to hear them...
also, I'm not sure if this list can be set up to automatically archive but I
will look into that...
KIM

--MS_Mac_OE_3122962664_542946_MIME_Part--