Re: [microsound] neo romanticism...

"-=Trace" wrote:
>I'm very interested in a form of technological sublime, which I
>think was first espoused in the drug >literature of Thomas De
>Quincey. Here we have, for the first time, I believe, a romantic
>writer
>openly acknowledging the ability of technologically-engineered
>states of sublimity.

That sounds really interesting. Are there any specific works by  De
Quincey that address these ideas that you would recommend?

"Dagmar" wrote:
>  >And both traditions are alive and kicking -- under different
>labels of course.

Yes, very true. Coyne's _TechnoRomanticism_ is helpful in charting
some of those new guises and how the traditions have lasted through
permutation.

>  >Erik Davis' Techgnosis would belong here too.

Yes, absolutely. _Techgnosis_ is wonderful in relating these issues
to current theorypractices and revisiting past forms.
Jon
--
*****
****