OT: Regards for Philip Meggs 1942 - 2002

I just found out one of my Graphic Design teachers (Phil Meggs) passed away
(November 24, 2002), Phil Meggs was a brilliant educator and writer, as a
teacher he made the complex world of graphic design understandable and
interesting. As a writer he contributed indispensable work to the world of
Design education, titles such as "The History of Graphic Design" and
"Typographic Form and Communication".

Phil will be deeply missed by many of the undergraduate and graduate
students to pass through the Communications Arts and Design program at
Virginia Commonwealth University, as also by the world of graphic design at
large, Phil thank you for making Graphic Design History such an interesting
subject.

This from the VCU arts URL/page.......

Many have asked what they can do to remember Phil. In lieu of flowers the
family has requested that contributions be made to the Philip B. Meggs
Memorial Scholarship Fund. Contributions should be by check and made out to
the Philip B. Meggs Memorial Scholarship Fund and sent to:

Philip B. Meggs Memorial Scholarship Fund Communication Arts and Design
Department
PO Box 843085
325 North Harrison Street
Richmond, Virginia