Re: [microsound] internet radio stations

dear all...

sorry for crossposting, but...
details of forthcoming programmes below...

please tune in:
London, UK: 104.4 fm > 16:00-17:00h
ROW: http://www.resonancefm.com > http://www.worldtimeserver.com

also, if you do manage to catch the programme please email me offlist -
the Radio Authority needs from resonance fm an objective notion of how
many people are listening - so ANY response is welcome.

thanks

atb
BG

06.01.03
Jonathan Coleclough
"one hour as sixty million years"

Dronecore artist Jonathan Coleclough presents an hour-long segment of a
piece based on data about global sea level changes over the past 248
million years. The piece was made by Coleclough as one element of a
collaborative project with Michael Northam, and includes sounds based on
recordings of Michael's, as well as sounds supplied by Colin Potter.

Jonathan@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

http://www.minya98.freeserve.co.uk

13.01.03
Brendan Walls
"one hour as the crow flies"

Sydney to Melbourne by bird. [~ Bird.jpg]

cassiafistula@xxxxxxxxxxx

20.01.03
Campbell Kneale
"one hour as ritchie blackmore"

Birchville rocks out. Big hair, big cars, and heaps'o'chicks!

siberia@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

www.cpsip.co.nz

27.01.03
Bruce Russell
"one hour as time"

rec: Bruce Russell, Peter Stapleton, Peter Wright; 2002
mix: Richard Francis, Bruce Russell; 03.12.02, Auckland, NZ

This piece features the haunting acapella vocal of Second Lieut. Laurie
Penny, also known as 'The Bad Penny', rec 1947 in Japan, where Penny was
serving with the Occupation Forces. He sings a trad. Japanese folk song
'Love Song to a Red Apple', which is appropriated a second time by Bruce
Russell to serve as a component in a live improv/electro-acoustic
muddle, using live and studio recordings from 2002 to produce a
time-travel machine
of indefinable dimensions.

hcorp@xxxxxxxxxxxx

03.02.03
Michael Prime
"one hour as a plant"

based on bioelectrical signals from a specimen of Lophophora williamsii
(peyote cactus)

mikep@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

10.02.03
Michael Gendreau
"one hour as a dosimeter in kulim and tainan"

(including the compositions M928 and T921, made from recordings inside
factories in taiwan and malaysia)

michael.gendreau@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

17.02.03
<o>blaat [Keiko Uenishi]
"one hour as shifting blanks"

oblaat@xxxxxxxxxxxxx

24.02.03
Steve Roden

"one hour as the bumps of surfaces"

2 one hour drives were recorded in real time through a lap steel guitar
(through the pick-up) and a banjo (through a contact mic) laying on the
back seat of my car. the drives were then layered on to 8 tracks, with
some laid down backwards. total sound is 42 vibrating strings following
the movement of my car over the freeways, driving from los angeles to
santa barbara and back. some of the tweaky radio frequency sounds were
simply coming from the lap steel pick-up. likewise some of the talking
near the end of the piece is the car radio being picked up from the
contact mic. the two original tracks were laid down without any
processing, the other layers were processed. the piece is very soft for
the first several minutes. [Steve Roden]

sroden@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

http://www.inbetweennoise.com

03.03.03
jgrzinich
"one hour as a nomadic journey"

In my continuous nomadic wanderings throughout Europe I inevitably
collect recordings and shorter pieces produced along the way. This hour
is an assembly of material generated primarily since the spring of 2002
although some bits go back a few years. Locations include: Czech
Republic, Germany, Croatia, Italy, Poland, the Baltics and Texas. [John
Grzinich]

jgrzinich@xxxxxxxx