Re: [microsound] adorno essays

> Here in San Francisco there is the easy excuse that the city is full of
> people willing to do that footwork for me.  I console myself with the
> thought that doing "good work" makes a contribution of its own.

you will only know that you didn't do enough when it is too late.  putting a
positive vibe into the world is important, we all need to do that.  but in
order for us to be balanced and good world/U.S. citizens, we must also
assume our responsibility to audit that which is done in our name.  when we
"sit on our hands" (as one lister pointed out) in apathy, the force of greed
works quietly under the radar.  balance, while not as productive, is
ultimately more fulfilling.

_______stephen_/_nuuk
_______http://www.orangeAge.com/nuuk/