Re: [microsound] Anger/Sitting On Our Hands

The problem is: what to do with the anger.  Up to now I have mistrusted revolutions for the very same reasons you've already given: the power structure afterwards will be equally cold and rational and run by those who are cold-blooded enough (not by those who rebelled).  Or as Hakim Bey put it:

"First, revolution has never yet resulted in achieving this dream.  The vision comes to life in the moment of uprising -- but as soon as "the Revolution" triumphs and the State returns, the dream and the ideal are already betrayed.  I have not given up hope or even expectation of change -- but distrust the word Revolution.  Second, even if we replace the revolutionary approach with a
concept of insurrection blossoming spontaneously into anarchist culture, our own particular historical situation is not propitious for such a vast undertaking.  Absolutely nothing but a futile martyrdom could possibly result now."

Instead Bey advocates the creation of a Temporary Autonomous Zone (T. A. Z.) "whose
greatest strength lies in its invisibility -- the State cannot recognize it because History has no definition of it. [...] [I]n most cases the best and most radical tactic will be to refuse to engage in spectacular violence, to withdraw from the area of simulation, to disappear."

"If the State IS History, as it claims to be, then the insurrection is the forbidden moment, an unforgivable denial of the dialectic -- shimmying up the pole and out of the smokehole, a shaman's maneuver carried out at an 'impossible angle' to the universe."

This is what working with the glitch COULD amount to.  (I hope that some hacktivists are sending some of their bugs too)

But will it be enough?

Dagmar