Re: [microsound] Anger/Sitting On Our Hands/Faves for 2002

> Speaking of politics, has anyone heard the release The Fire this Time on
> Hidden Art?

i saw a preview of this in Bristol(uk) last year (through a big PA in a
pitch black auditorium,nice space http://www.cubecinema.com)
really good piece of work.
A few bits were a little histrionic for my liking though (the big pumping
techno section about the bombing) but altogether an interesting subterfuge.
As far as I remember the guy who made it was working on a traditional TV
documentary about the sanctions on Iraq but it got pulled by the
commissioners. So he then decided that the way to get people to hear it was
to mix up the content with 'exclusive' tracks from popular electronic
'stars' (Orbital et al). Hopefully a few more people picked up on it because
of this.

--
duncan speakman
http://www.kleindesign.org