Re: [microsound] Anger/Sitting On Our Hands/Faves for 2002

dkl37@xxxxxxxx wrote:

>My comment, was once again in response to what seemed to be another case
>of equating behaviors of the followers of an ideal to the ideal itself,
>which is not necessarily accurate. If this comes across as
>"pontificating" and/or "sophistic", then I apologize and will say no
>more.

It didn't come across at all like pontificating or sophistic, but since
these remarks come from John Reading, who continues to prove himself to
be nothing more than a troll, he's best ignored--or better yet booted.

On to more exciting things...

Speaking of politics, has anyone heard the release The Fire this Time on
Hidden Art?  It's a 2 CD set and it was my favorite release of the
entire year.  The second CD was a bit uneven  but I was greatly moved by
the first.  Some other releases in my top ten-fifteen were the
Cascone/Scanner CD, which I loved, Cosmos' Tears on Erstwhile, and Phil
Niblock's G2 etc. release on Moikai, which was brilliant.  It's been a
great year for me for new recordings.  And the greatest discovery of
all, outside some of these releases, was finding all of the Ethiopiques
series on Buda Musique at Allegro.  Wonderful, wonderful stuff.