Re: [microsound] hello Dali / coffee table top fives

i have laquered my collection of garbage pail kids cards onto a make-shift coffee table.
i sit here listening to "i will always love you" by Dolly Parton in reverse over and over, praying for peace in the middle east.
my favorite movie is donnie darkko, and i think that jake g. is the hottest boy ever.

other favorite coffee table books include:
--a book which includes some of the most breath-taking stills from 2001: A Space Odyssey, the movie by Stanley Kubrick
--Maus, books 1 and 2, by Art Spiegelman, who was originally part of the foursome of ingenius artists who started the whole garbage pail thing.
--"It's My Life", a telling tale of life in the fast lane.  a first-hand account of where exactly jon bon jovi went wrong.  a clue:  it has a lot to do with the bon.
--"Phrenology", an odd and jarring literary work combining shocking narrative and people poetry, equipped for readers and also the TV generation.  Part poetry, part narrative fiction, Phrenology is a study on human inanity and distorted conviction. From confused religious zealots to jaded loner racists, Phrenology portrays the paranoid, the perverse, and the misguided at a rapid and entertaining pace. This book is by my favorite author, Severiano Martinez.  I have a signed copy which never leaves the surface of my coffee table. ever.

thanksyou,
johnny