future in our ears

In the article that ph!L posted a while ago, Jacques Attali  says that
"music is prophetic". This isn't the first time I see this claim about music
marching in the avantgarde  and predicting the developments in other planes
of human action like culture, technology and science.
Staying in this thread, which developments do list people think that
microsound is predicting?

We all want to know what's gonna happen to this world, now that things are
moving so fast in the 21rst century. Can our music maybe tell us what to
expect?
Curious to hear what others think.

Ant.