Re: [microsound] OSX

Quoting scott allison <lipistal3@xxxxxxxxxxx>:
> Why not just install a second HD then install osx on it and selectivly boot
> betwwen 9 or 10? Thats what i have been doing, works well for me, there is
> really no reason otherwise not to play with both ops. All you have to do is
> use the switch disk thing to go between operating systems. It would be cool
> if there was some sort of boot loader, then you could choose what operating
> system right at start up everytime. Those mac people will never allow for a
> mac based boot loader, seems they want to kill os9 and forget about it as
> soon as possible.

If you have a mac that has been made in about the last four years, you can hold
down option at startup for a bootloader. Includes any bootable cds in the
drive, network bootable volumes, etc.

Apple have built this in for a long time now...

You can also hold down "x" to force booting to OS X. I think there is an
equivalent for OS 9, but not sure.

nigel