re: mp3 redux

Sorry for any redundancy in my previous post. I'm reading backwards from the
present, and hadn't yet discovered the majority of posts on this topic.

To correct myself, obviously enough people think that CDs are worth spending
for; this keeps the surviving labels alive (for the moment). I'm thinking about
the future and about better or next models.

Thanks to Alex for the link to Creative Commons. You mentioned that people have
had success with these alternatives; do any of these successes directly result
in livings provided, bank accounts filled? Sure, Linux... but music seems a bit
different. There is no support needed (or is there?) for a microsound release.
However, this is what I am thinking about. What is the artist equivalent of
manuals and user support?

Renick