Re: [microsound] [OT] mac mp3 player

On 27/01/03 11:50, "logic7" said in living color:

> Unless you're running OSX on a PPC

On what other platform would one run it...?

> 16% is still too high. MP3 playback
> should not tax your processor even that much.

I'm not running OS X so I can't confirm this but it wouldn't surprise me if
the processing time grabbed by iTunes decreased when the number of running
apps is increased. IOW, when few other apps are running, iTunes grab a
certain amount of CPU time; when more apps are active, iTunes does not eat
as much time and that time is available for other apps.

I think that this sort of thing is characteristic of Carbon apps on OS X.
And it is especially likely to happen if the app is based on the
WaitNextEvent model (rather than Carbon events).

g.

--
Guillaume Grenier - grenier.g@xxxxxxxxxxxx

in space there is no north  in space there is no south
in space there is no east   in space there is no west