Re: [microsound] attali ---music as prophecy

first. i you think that the banks are a safe place for your hard-earned=20=

savings and that they have "gold-bars" corresponding to whatever you=20
put in ... google up "fractional reserve banking" and you're in for a=20
treat ;=3D))   except for a very few "banks-for-the-extremely-rich" in=20=

swittzerland thats how all banks works.

i must also disagree with the talk about "music as prophecy".

while it is well-documented that music, the type of game shows you=20
watch on television, fashion, pop-song lyrics etc.  changes with=20
society i think it would be very hard to see it as anything else than=20
reflection.  if nothing else simply because those who "produce" music=20
(and that other stuff) is also part of that very same society

i dont think any one discipline is prophetic. they just have different=20=

reaction times. one of the quickest the last 100 years have been the=20
stock markets as being an almost unregulated free marketplace. but=20
still the stock market only reflect the collective social mood (just as=20=

music).

i would say that current music that anyone actually listens to and=20
reflect over is too marginalised an activity to actually make a=20
difference other than on a personal level of the very few in the=20
audience.

on the other hand we have a very large entertainment industry whose=20
musical output we hear every day.  and probably the bigger part of=20
those who produce music just want a place in that same entertainment=20
industry whether commercial or non-commercial.

the crisis in the entertainment industrys musical section can problably=20=

more be seen as a creative crisis and the consumers are simply buying=20
into the more involving experience of sound+vision (i.e. DVD:s with its=20=

large increase in sales). most survey:s show that mp3:s have had little=20=

impact outside 15-25 year olds and most of them just download enimen=20
etc. (i.e. the time-consuming act of searching and downloading act as a=20=

conservative force). the 15-25 year olds are the sole age group with=20
more time than money so cruisin the download-sites for a free ride=20
makes more sense to them.