Waveform editor?

I'm looking for a windows application that let you design just one period of
a waveform. Such app would be very useful in many ways. In the case that
this program only exist in my imagination, does anyone have a clever method
to create waveforms quickly and visually without having to extract if from a
sampled synth sound in a wave editor? Is there a cSound interface that can
do that?

http://fr.ca.search.msn.com/