Re: [microsound] {OT} Headphones....

> But for monitoring/reference listening, I would NEVER use any pair of

> headphones though.. imho, it just isn't working. Nothing beats a nice pair
> of nearfields, especially during a mixdown of mastering-session..

it's true. for something you plan to release, it's unwise to mix on
headphones only. headphones do odd things to bass response and the
stereo field. for mixing, you want to really hear what's going on
accurately, clinically.

i seem to remember "composer" phillip glass (gaah! ...can't even bring
myself to say his name) releasing material mixed "for walkman use only"

--

242.pilots [video improvisation ensemble]
received Image Award at Transmediale Festival, Berlin, Feb. 2003