Re: [microsound] bart

> > [ot][complain about BART, will you Kim? try living in Eastern Europe...]
> well, all I know is that every city I've been to in the EU was way >
better
> transit than San Francisco...

Cities neglect public transportation across the board.  People want to use
cars, car companies want you to use cars.  Poor people ride the bus.  Poor
people don't have much influence.  Who ever fell in love with a guy driving
a buspass?  I ride the bus, to the train, to the subway and back again
everytime I want to get into NYC from long island.  I don't have a car.  It
takes hours to get just about anywhere.  Now take London, where the cars
have hit critical mass and now they charge you money to take it into the
city.  Now, they're gonna start spending real money on public transportation
(so they say.)  London is more cramped than LA or San Francisco and ran out
of room first.  So here's the moral story.  The only time public
transportation is gonna get priority is when the cars finally run out of
room or when oil is finally so scarce we don't have a choice.  Until then it
will take poor people twice as long to get to work.
Rob