Re: [microsound] sleepers awake

the united states needs to close its borders for about 5
years and work on feeding its OWN people, and taking care
of domestic terror before we worry about others IMO.

I think its sick that people will send money to god knows
where because they see a pouty looking starving kid on TV,
yet every night in detroit I have someone begging me for my
change so they can eat (or get a 40oz or save up for a 20
rock, you never can tell with some of them)

I just think that before we give tax dollars away to other
countries, we should make damn sure all of our people have
a place to sleep and a meal to eat.  I just don't think its
fair that you can spend half of your life paying taxes,
have bad luck and end up homeless, yet we're sending bags
of food and shelter, clothes, medicine, ect to other
countries while you might be sleeping on the street and
eating out of dumpsters.  I think part of being american
means everyone gets a chance at success, but seems like
everyone is happy to let the homeless people slip through
the cracks while we give away feelgood money to the sad
looking kids in india or wherever the hell the new cause
is.

rantrant rant, sorry.

> > incompetent and back-stabing they might be), in fact
merzbow > > could
well
> > be elected to the next president of the US

No he couldn't.  You must be born in this country to get
elected president.
He is old enough though...

If we completely give up on the democratic process our
country is kinda
screwed these days.  I'm in favor of other forms of
government, but in a
practical sense the only way we can get rid of Bush without
violence is to
vote him out.  They can rig a close election, but they
can't rig a
landslide.  It's sad that most americans don't understand
how little respect
and credibility we have on the world stage.  There is a
reason that most of
the world is sceptical about our assessment of Iraq.  Has
anyone else read
the Zizak's The Desert of the Real?  It really puts thing
into perspective.

Rob (I am trapped in my room with a Blizzard outside, so
I'm feeling a
little verbose.)