Re: [microsound] futurismo! [OT]

Yeah, but the U.S. election system is rather weird: it's not that each voice
is counted as one voice (if they are counted to the end at all).  Maybe a
native speaker can explain that better than I can

I am not sure that this goes to the bottom of the question, however.
Methinks, Bush is not the one who really runs the nation.   I doubt that the
president (or the chancellor for that matter) really has as much power as is
suggested by the media.  The real power structures are hidden and I think
they point to corporate interests.

But if he was ... never forget, Hitler was elected too.  Only after he was
elected he managed to suspend futher elections.  (Before I rouse an outcry of
indignation -- I am NOT comparing Bush with Hitler; it 's only concerning the
point that rulers in democracies are elected; so was Hitler, that's all I
want to say).

Dagmar