Re: [microsound] futurismo! [OT]

I think your description is valid, 'manager' and all.

But this is exactly what worries me.  Wasn't democracy not about several
parties with several (distinctly different party programs) so that voters
could vote for a program which best (never perfectly, but approximately)
reflected their life situation and views?  Electing a program, not a clan
with hidden agenda and old boys-connections?

But that would presuppose that voters really read and understood the
programs; not that they vote for the guy with the most colorful balloons,
the biggest show and the cutest cheerleaders...

So actually the blame goes back to us, the voters (in your country as
well as in other countries) but also to a system with two parties which
don't seem to differ that vastly (at least from a European perspective; I
understand that for an American there seems to be a big difference
between Democrats and Republicans).

Dagmar