Re: [microsound] [ot] freeways "the sound of car tires"

Plastico wrote:

>  ofcourse whenever i mention this to friends they think i'm nuts.
>  its so strange you can anly hear the tires on the asphalt and not the car's
> engines. already since a kid it has become one of my favoriete sounds.

I don't think you're nuts at all.  It's one of my earliest childhood memories,
which I wrote about many years ago in a little poem:

when we watched Get
Smart hard tile
floor with floor
vents the night before
and in the morning
heard trucks pass like
in the movies on mist
cold Tennessee road
and my grandfather had an
old Volvo

And to this day I associate the distant tire buzz and more general car zooms
with the ocean's tides.

Perhaps I'll curate a project of early childhood memory of sound.  I'll keep you
posted.

G.