Re: [microsound] akufen

philip S wrote

> your problems are but blips compared to ours, who live
> in the sticks and are still awaiting a zip/sammy dee
> show... :)

if memory serves you had one in SF in 1999...  with a live set from
Markus Nicolai as well.  didn't you?  stop whining, it's only been
three and half years.  :)

AKA NAW wrote

> hell akufens music isnt all that orignal radio has
> been used as source material for music for nearly 100 years...
> that doesnt make what he does any more or less homogenious then any
> one lese making music using computers and laptops...

i don't know neil.  i hear a lot of very similar sounding music these
days coming from laptops.  since he went more into the radio cut up
thing I've thought that akufen sounds a lot like todd terry, but if you
put either one of their records on the turntable I could identify the
artist right away.  they have a sound that they've made their own.  all
of the best music I know has this character... and very little of the
electronic music.

bbn