Re: [microsound] musicians ear plugs

i agree.

you get used to them really quickly, and if you take them out later
(especially if you're playing a live instrument) you realise just how much
noise you're actually making.  that alone is probably enough to convince
you that you needed them in the first place.  the only thing i find is that
certain bass frequencies tend to sound a little bit blurty or woofy - in
other words, messy.  you'll get over it.  you just have to be careful not
to lose them, as they are expensive little buggers.

i can't remember if mine are -15dB or -25dB, but i think they are probably
-15dB.  i figured it was better to go less for now, and besides, i'm not a
mogwai/merzbow roadie or anything.  yet.  (you never know what the future
holds for a musician.)

-15dB, if that's what it is, seems good -- i wouldn't really want to knock
off any more sound.  it'd probably mute everything too much to really enjoy
it on a physical level, especially if drunk.  also, while the plugs have
somewhat flat response, you will miss some of the high freqs.  but, y'know,
as long as you're not a binaural dummy headjob audiophile...

cheerio,
jon.

http://home.pacific.net.au/~transmit