re: [microsound] "Academic" computer music?

:
>  Morton Subotnick , Karlheinz Stockhausen , Iannis Xenakis , Pauline
> Oliveros

some classics for me are lejaren hiller, francois bayle, robert asleys "string quartet describing the motions of large real bodies" (on the great alga marghen label).
also jean-claude rissets "introductory catalogue of computer synthesized sounds" (to be found on "the historical cd of digital sound synthesis" /wergo WER 20332) is wonderful.

>  Akira Rabelais  , Stephan Mathieu , Kim Cascone.

hehe, probably because i'm my own academy!?
 - stephan