for those in Montréal: Massumi, microsound, and the politics of sound

Those in Montr=E9al might be interested in checking out ..

---.

Revolutions II conference at Concordia featuring Brian Massumi

[translator of Deleuze and Guattari's _A Thousand Plateaus_, author of
_Parables for the Virtual_, and all-around fascinating post-Deleuzian] ..

March 21st-23rd.=20
$20 registration.=20

I'm also speaking on a panel with Anna Friz and Owen Chapman from Concordia=
I'm talking about rave culture and the politics of sound, they're talking
about microsound:

5:00 : 6:00 PM - Sounding Off - (J.A. de S=E8ve Cinema)

..tobias c. van Veen, Communications, McGill University

"It's Not a Rave, Officer, It's Performance Art: Art as Defense from the La=
and as an Offense to Society in the Break-In Era of Rave Culture."

--I'll just be giving an exegesis of the title and why I might even say
this, as I've only got 15 minutes. So basically I will be trying to somewha=
convince people why sound might even be considered as a politic.

..Owen Chapman, Communications, Concordia University
Anna Friz, Media Studies, Concordia University

"Too Big for their Beats?: questions for the microsound revolution."

THEN .. right after!

7:30 PM    KEYNOTE ADDRESS (J.A. de S=E8ve Cinema)

Brian Massumi, Communications, University of Montr=E9al

"Empire of Emotion: Legitimation Today"

--.

tobias c. van Veen -----------
http://www.quadrantcrossing.org