Re: [microsound] music from Iraq?

Several years ago, I had a conversation with an ethnomusicologist who told
me about the production of electronic music in S.E. Michigan's Arab
communities, which are quite substantial in population.

I didn't write down any names, and it was unclear to me whether he was
talking about like purely academic music or dancefloor stuff, but I would
guess there's something along the lines of what you're looking for to be
tracked down in the Dearborn/Southfield/Detroit area.  Let us know what
you come up with.

ben