Re: [microsound] [microsound OT POL] 'It's Not about Oil or Iraq...'

No, I'm not kidding --

This is a real answer:

> 1. When you pick up e|I magazine on March 31st and read
> "Immediatism,"
> dealing with the nexus of experimental electronic music,
> net.art, and
> politics.

And to a certain extent, so is the second one.

No rhetoric here for me. I also never added [OT]. That was the response from
dbuchwald, so please get your accusations straight. My original post, as you
can easily see, discussed three MP albums. The .ps was an aside to an
informative post which was quoted by my interlocutor.

And to make this post informative, I'm also going to point in the direction
of another column I write on politics so we *can* keep further debate of
this nature off the list:

http://www.citr.ca/discorder -->Panarticon link and archives of Panarticon

However I think there was never any serious infraction here. The links
provided were informative and I thank dbuchwald for them. Although I
wouldn't want to see a full-fledged war debate erupt here, to pretend to
ignore current world events would be just another symptom of classic western
ignorance. And given that many artists who produce this music often attempt
to grapple with it in the medium of sound (np. Thaemlitz's "Lovebomb" on MP)
I think any conversation that manages to tie in this aspect with sound
informatively and beyond polemic would be welcome. For example, a friend of
mine, Alexis Bhagat, is conducting research on the possibility that the
Nazis invented the first tape delay for their massive rallies (so there
would not be mis-timed echo for those at the back) and the implications of
recording technologies in societies of control... conjoin that with
Burroughs and Gysin's tape-splicing subliminals ... and you end up with some
nasty potentials of microsound .. microadvertisingsound .. microcontrolsound
... emulating that "voice inside your head" .. shop shop buy buy .. shoot
shoot kill kill (faster, pussycat!) ..

However what IS annoying is the fact that you are double-posting to the list
(microsound is in your To: line twice) AND posting nothing of substance save
complaints.

tV