RE: [microsound] micropolitics

All things Muslimgauze!! I think he exemplifies political music. He=20
certainly could have been more communicative about his motives though,
generally it takes some digging. I'm not aware of any good literature
or theory at this point though.=20

I tend to agree that separating art from politics both on this list and =
in general is
a step towards redundancy. Aesthetics for the sake of aesthetics is =
grand,=20
but often just occurs to me generally as masturbation. It's a personal =
thing too.=20
I've been fairly active in both local artist and activist groups for a =
while,=20
and am constantly pissed that I never run into the same people at both.=20

The artists are ignoring what is going on in the world, and the =
activists
are ignoring the art.. Though it strikes me that we're all in the same, =
marganilized
boat. I cannot begin to imagine the amount of energy that would be=20
created if all the amazingly talented artists became socially aware and =
active.
And likewise, if all the hardcore activists I know would stop listening =
to=20
the same clich=E9 peace-pop and give support to the artists around them. =

(Read in the paper today that the Dixie Chics (I guess fairly popular =
group)
are being black-listed in the US radio community (i.e. ClearChannel) =
because
one of them said something bad about Bush... =
http://news.google.com/news?hl=3Den&q=3Ddixie
Is this an acceptable collusion of art & politics???)=20

Just went to a war protest in Denver on Saturday. They played Lennon's =
"Imagine"
three times... I was ready to kill someone. I think political activism
desparately needs to dragged from the '70's to the current age, both in =
theory
and practice. Embracing technology (hactivism?) and contemporary =
aesthetic theory into this
'movement' is an exciting possiblity. - R=20

<http://www.bopsecrets.org/SI/debord/index.htm> to get a bearing on how