Re: [microsound] OT See men shredded, then say you don't back war

--------------000309080506020302010407

Well, Venezuela is a good test case of what happens when  democratically
elected government on the left runs into a belligerent ruling class.
 They finance a general strike to paralyze the economy and force the
democratically elected president out of office.  OK, so Chavez is a
little autocratic--compared to whom?  George W. Bush?

this is what happens to people when they face economic strangulation by
the ruling elites even while they have the majority of support from down
below.

Of all the sources you cite below, only one comes from a fairly unbiased
source--HRW.  The rest are pretty much the going western media of
governments who would love to see Chavez go down.  One of your sources
is the Washington Times, for god's sake.  Reverend Sung Myong Moon's
paper, as filthy right wing as they come.  HRW calls for an
investigation of four murders.  But at the bottom you'll notice there
have been no confirmed cases of extrajudicial killings of opposition
supporters.

Venezuela is Allende, Take 2, with perhaps a little less CIA involvement
this time.