Re: [microsound] OT See men shredded, then say you don't back war

fgrecs@xxxxxxxxxxxx wrote:

>Fine.  I'm being rough with you because I've been following this thread
>for awhile and it's finally irritated me so much that I had to make a
>point.  To make this VERY clear, I am attacking those who support the
>mush and blather, NOT YOU PERSONALLY!!!  If this isn't good enough for
>you, then deal with it.

OK, I will.

http://www.nizkor.org/features/fallacies/ad-hominem.html

I don't consider you being "rough" with me, tough guy, just a little
sloppy, intellectually that is.

>but you have to understand realpolitik.

Oh I think I have a good handle on that one.

>recall someone slandering Joe as being "either naïve or stupid."

OK, the "stupid" part was unnecessary.  I think it's very clear that
sanctions punish civilians not leaders.  The evidence is obvious by this
point.

>  It is
>my opinion that it is the left that behaves in this way.  Pipe dreams
>are not what builds a government.

No.  Nor do dreams built from wielding pipes.

>I did not know you were a resident of the US.  Then you have a right to
>make any comment you wish.  If you are not, then you don't know squat
>about this place.

I'm an American but not currently an American resident.  But your second
argument is invalid.  It's the genetic fallacy.  Being from a place and
knowing about it are too different things.  One person who had some of
the best insights on the US was Toqueville.

>So the rule, "He who has the power has the gold, and he who has the gold
>has the power."  The fathers weren't ready for it, but the framework was
>there to include EVERYONE.  Spare me that votes don't matter.  Democrats
>just can't handle that they lost the presidency.  Lincoln didn't get the
>popular vote, either, and I think the country ended up doing well under
>his leadership in the long run.

Non-Democrat democrats can't handle it that America is a republic all
the while pretending to be a democracy.  The ends justifying the means
is a specious argument.