Re: [microsound] war

Hello Ant,

AW> hi, list

AW> coming from a place where from tomorrow on we'll be told to carry our gas
AW> masks with us - just in case :) wanted to ask of you all to relax
I'm relaxing already - if a bomb fall on you - i'll be soo sooooo
soooooo far away I won't notice that.
AW> yes, war and violence are unpleasant, but they've always been and will
AW> always be, so it's good there's a war, 'cause there will be peace sometime
AW> after that
Hmm, yeah. Especially if something goes wrong with nucleus. I would
like to see you live in THAT peace then...
Somebody asked Einstein once, what will be the weapons of 3d world war,
he said he didn't know about the 3d, but if ever will happen 4th WW
he knew the weapons would be sticks and stones.
AW> we all know that only history will show on whos side the justice is.
AW> dividing the world into good guys and bad guys is a bit childish, though
AW> certainly simplier
Yeah. I don't like arabs and Iraq, but I hope history will place that
ambitious redneck Busch where he should be - near the pigs of the
history. Actually he even will never make it close to Hitler, Lenin
etc. because he have not enough brains and education and everything
for that. He is such a zero that he even fails to be Bad Guy of the
time - he
looks like a historical distortion of some kind.
AW> and well, war has its own beauty, even if it's a scary one - it unites
AW> people, it may suppress individuals, but it brings forward big ideas, which
AW> though unhuman are certainly very impressive - it's like Leni Riefenstahl
AW> movies and Stalin's skyscrapers
Yeah. I wonder if you scratch your nails off you fingers on the "great
building" of stalin's scyscrapers (wich never existed) or be one
of the jews roasted alive. I wonder even if some arab terrorist blew
your home some day next week. So you can see the beauty of war and
strenght of a unity between people.
AW> so let's take inspiration in war, let the music talk, and like the guy from
AW> noiseusse said - let's be peaceful and then there'll be peace
Like above I wish you as much inspiration as you can get. Gas mask in
the backyard on the eve of the war is not inspiration actually. Death
around, some wounds, loss of a leg, hand and eye, total destruction of
your house, studio, and archive of your records - than i guess you'll
have the right inspiration and you'll make a trully GENIUS record.
AW> ant
Sorry to be that offensive - but I've never thought i'll read such a
stupid and childish attempt of a philosophy on that list. Like that's
not enough talking about music. Actually, I think you'll, uhmm, I'll
better quote Adrina Belew from King Crimson: one day you'll wake up,
though you never knew you were asleep.
How can be america be so blind? thats not a act of piece by all means,
not even revenge, not even (if consider that) "simple show of power to
the world". That looks like deep shit anyway from any point of view...
P.S.: i'm glad i live far and won't see that at all.