Re: [microsound] war et al

great Kim - some ideas

I am remembering the Czech art movement that featured eyes open to suggest
"watching," though silence was demanded, after the 1968 crackdown in Prague.

I was struggling with this - how to not ape war when doing music. I thought
"how about a piece imitating chemical weapons?" etc. - last year - and even
then it was too grim.  The shift in NWO seems to be like the borg concept in
the Star Trek movie - the unstoppable assimilator. Hegemony by force. Is this
model a musical possibility? I like the idea of a work made from other works,
like parasite - but each addition assimilates and mutates the work in a chain.
Be nice it one could hear every step, and go either way or tangentially. anyhoo

peace