Re: [microsound] war

on 3/21/03 3:42 PM, Tim Kugel at guitardo@xxxxxxxxxxx wrote:

> steve
>
> spw wrote:
>
>> Iraq was in the process of developing nuclear weapons.
>
> this is such an absolute statement, what do you mean? when? where is the
> proof?
> have you followed the debate between the various inspectors?

There was a great documentary on PBS yesterday linking Sadam H and Iraq with
many of the
Islamic Fundamentalist organizations including the Osama BinLaden.
On the subject of nuclear weapons former members of the regime testified of
Sadam's plans to
develop such weapons of mass destruction.

> Are you saying before Israel bombed? In 1983 or something? after that the
> inspections of the 90s have long since cleaned that up. The forged docs of the
> USA to the contrary,
> http://www.counterpunch.org/close03102003.html

After the Gulf War UN inspectors were expelled from Iraq and were dictated
where they could
and could not look when trying to conduct inspections.

> here is the problem: the huge nuclear facility in Iraq was built largely by
> Bechtel, a huge American company.
> http://www.truthout.org/docs_02/12.21A.us.firms.iraq.htm

Solution:
Invade Iraq and take the current regeme out of power.

> so it is an even more nauseating thing that simply "money," and yes, European
> companies also assisted Iraq, as did Indian and Chinese and no doubt more. But
> you must not trust the USA so guilelessly!! Look at the lies told by its
> leaders
> in the past,  you will find quite a few.  Common sense - leaders lie.
> Governments do not admit crimes.

> Israel has WMD and is not punished. With these weapons they protect
> themselves.
> The situation is totally one sided for the folks who just happen to have oil.
>
> By the way, you can bet the US is not any different when it comes to
> trustworthiness. Think of what they told Saddam when they were shaking his
> hand
> after he gassed the Kurds. That person shaking hands was Don Rumsfeld for
> those
> of you who didn't know. Talk about  trust!

You can open the history books and point out diplomatic blunders with every
government and
if you really want to put things in perspective with out being some
obnoxious peace protesting
pollitaically correct fruit cake you would see that war is natural part of
human nature and life
isn't fair.

But lets take your mentality, who should we trust the American Government
who are not
exactly saints by a long shot or Sadam Hussein?

Let's see, the US does not use chemical warfare on people during times of
war and definitely
not on it's own people.
We do not torture people by cutting of their limbs and dropping them in
barrels of acid, nor do
we brutally rape women (one of S's sons favorite hobbies) and take babies of
incubators when
invading another country.

Here's another one:
America = Natzi

Where are the concentration camps?
Why isn't America brutally torturing and killing Iraqi soldier who lay down
their arms?

Sadam Hussien kills 6000 people with nerve gas and you want diplomacy when
there is a
chance to take him out of power?
The US troops who volunteered for the armed forces don't seem to have a
problem fighting in this war, it isn't like young men are being drafted
against there will to fight
in a war they don't believe in.

So yes I support American interest instead of being some hypocrite who finds
it easier to
criticize the US and protest war, what have all these peace protester done
to really help
people, I'm willing to bet not much.
It's fashion statement, a recreational activity, the same people ignore bums
on the side of the
road.