perspective?

>if you really want to put things in perspective with out being some
>obnoxious peace protesting
>pollitaically correct fruit cake you would see that war is natural part of
>human nature and life
>isn't fair.

Such a bleak philosopy.  I am going to go out on a limb and speculate,
perhaps incorrectly, that you haven't spent most of your life on the unfair
end.
Your "nutty peace protesters" are mostly people who want to live a live
that makes a mark in breaking this cycle.  We are not committed to the
cycles of history that mark human existence.  We simply desire leadership
that is dedicated to finding non violent solutions.
So many people are so caught up in the details and "educating" the ignorant
of all the evils of both sides, without addressing or questioning their
informing philosophies.  What is it, exactly, that you think is good way to
leave the world when you die?  For me, it is just absurd to think that a
massive campaign of destruction and agression is a good way to improve the
security of a nation and a good way to solve a problem.  I do not want to
comprimise my desire for a better world by the idea that oh, sometimes
being the agressor in a war is a good idea and that we are all slaves to
our need for war.

>what have all these peace protester done
>to really help
>people, I'm willing to bet not much.

This is an absurd speculation.  The peace protestors are from across the
board.  Many are teachers, doctors, social workers, musicians. There is
nothing fashionable about giving up your day to express a very needed
opinion and help stave off feelings of helplessness.  People do not
congregate in extremely large numbers to listen to people talk about stupid
shit for fashion (the people who organize these rallies in SF talk about
the stupidest shit that does not engage most of the crowd, and still people
come out, because of the simple understanding that war is atrocious).

The protests are not just happening in San Francisco.  Massive crowds of
people all over the world are congregating WITHOUT strong central
organization, obligation, or anything entertaining to excite them.  This
simply cannot be dismissed as frivolity.

Pete.

"I know I made mistakes. So has everybody else."
  -Stanley Roberts