Re: [microsound] Russian/Soviet film

If it hasn=B9t been mentioned already, Russian Ark (directed by Aleksandr
Sokurov), which came out here in nyc a few months ago, is fantastic. A
single, 90-minute tracking shot through the hermitage, but complete with
fights, love affairs, massive ballroom scenes, intrigue, etc. The
choreography alone is breathtaking, in my opinion. Especially worth seeing
if you are interested in russian history, as its largely a
reflection/commentary on where russia has been and where it is going both
socially and politically.

..mike/
..home/ http://www.tempaural.net