Re: [microsound] overmod/distortion and new facets

Am I the only one who thinks that it's ok to have a little distortion? I'm
not saying this to be a punk, but I bought the DVD and am considering
pulling the sound myself. Why? because I think it would be cool to go
analogue into the computer, not just RCA but through one of my old mixing
boards. A little compression and distortion from some old pres might be a
nice addition to a computer peice.

Not to mention the fact, that this project got me thinking about past
designs for future cities (ie: Metropolis, Blade Runner, Logans Run, EPCOT)
and I was hoping for some grimier sound anyway (dust on the optical track)
to add a sort of antiquated view of what the future would be like. I am
seeing a sepiatone future city. Am I off in my own little world or are
others thinking in this direction.