RE: [microsound] Re: OT[microsound ] war

> The upheavals in scientific + social belief follow a power law
> distribution similar to earthquakes and wars.

This has made me think of the dadaist movement in post WWII Europe.
People were in a state of confusion.  Their entire world(physically,
mentaly) had been turned upside-down and they began to question what was
real.

I hate this war.  I also see (perhaps just my idealism again) that it is
going to bring a lot of positive things to the foreground.  It is aking
sane people come out of the woodwork and unite.  This is a powerful thing.
 Part of my own scattered ideology is that the unverse and history have a
sort of pendulum that marks time.  It swings back and forth, back and
forth and as far as it goes in one direction that is how far it will go in
the other direction.  I realize this is incredibly simplistic but it is a
metaphor.  This war gives us the opportunity to call out to each other and
say "Hey, do you see this?  Do you want this?  Me neither." and if we all
do that then this planet may have hope.  Great change often requires great
cost.  This does not mean that I support the war, I am only observing and
sharing what I see.